Midwest Energy Solutions is building a team of Service Technicians with tools, parts supply and CNG service vans to perform all of the periodic inspection, certification, preventive and repair maintenance to keep components in the best possible operating condition. We provide systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects and we keep the equipment calibrated to consistently deliver the lowest-cost fuel possible.
To optimize results and minimize costs, MWES typically has the fleet operator / site owner perform day-to-day checks of oil level, storage pressure and other minor tasks. However, we will also provide complete operations services where the customer wants nothing to do with the station equipment.
Depending on station size, utilization and component make-up, MWES provides weekly and bi-monthly site visits that typically last ~ 8-16 hours per visit. We also provide compressor and valve overhaul and rebuild services, drier desiccant replacement and disposal throughout the life of each component.
MWES provides the skilled labor, Technicians, hired trade specialists, tools and consumables to complete the contracted preventive maintenance and repair services. MWES's preventive maintenance is designed for the specific equipment at each CNG station site. The following is a summary of some of the maintenance tasks MWES is providing as part of an all-inclusive maintenance at a customer-owned CNG station:
- Relieve crankcase pressure, check compressor oil level, add oil if necessary, remove used oil
- Record all gauge pressures
- Check system for leaks
- Drain liquids from inlet filter
- Drain liquids from recovery tank
- Check system for unusual noise or vibration
- Check drive belt alignment, tension & belt tensioner
- Torque all fasteners on compressor including flywheel
- Drain water from drop legs of relief valve manifolds
- Gas detector calibration
- Inspect & clean cooler fins, if applicable
- Change compressor oil and filter at recommended hour intervals
- Inspect and service all gas filter elements and o-rings
- Inspect safety relief valves (per NFPA 52, recertification needed in 2017)
- Inspect discharge check valve
- Check controls for proper operation and safety
- Check dispensers for proper operation and hose condition, replace filters as required
- Lubricate nozzles
- Verify that dispenser and POS are operating properly
- Check dryer for proper operation and condition, regenerate or replace as required, replace filters as required
- Perform scheduled maintenance, valve rebuilds, ring inspection/replacement, bearing inspection / replacement
- Provide service reports for site summarizing work completed, equipment operational status, upgrade recommendations and repairs needed
- Clean equipment
- Proper disposal of all drain oil/consumables
Whatever the best-practice requirement to maintain and repair CNG fueling station equipment, MWES is equipped and staffed to provide the highest-quality service.
Write to us and let us know how we can help your investigation and serve your needs.